Jurusan Teknik Informatika (Computer Science Department), Faculty of Science & Technology, Universitas Islam Negeri Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang organizes undergraduate study (S-1) majoring in Computer Science based on a Decree of the Ministry of National Education No 05/MPN/HK/1004 dated on 23 January 2004 and a Decree of Directorate General of Islamic Department No DJ.II/54/2005 dated on 28 March 2005. Based on a Decree of Indonesia’s National Accreditaion Board for Higher Education (Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi / BAN-PT) No 057/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/S/II/2014 dated on 14 February 2014, Jurusan Teknik Informatika has been awarded B (good) accreditation level.
Jurusan Teknik Informatika aims to produce high qualified human resources and technology that are capable of developing and deploying Information Technology based on the values of Islam originated from Al-Qur’an and Al-Hadits. Learning materials for undergraduate study at Jurusan Teknik Informatika consist of several group of subjects i.e. Computer Science and universities subjects. The materials of Computer Science subjects compose more than 77% of learning activities which cover class courses, practicum or laboratory practices, and small research activities as a part of student final project. Expertise developed in Jurusan Teknik Informatika include object oriented programming, software engineering, databases, information system, computer network, computer vision, pattern recognition, artificial intelligence & soft computing, decision support & recommender system, natural language processing, data mining & warehousing, web & mobile computing, enterprise resource planning, automation & robotics, and game programming. The students are also equipped with the capability to recognize and deploy the values of Al-Qur’an and Al-Hadits in order to enrich the development of Information Technology. In this department, the values of Al-Qur’an and Al-Hadits become the basic moral values for all civic academics.
Being a world class Computer Science Department in 2030 for the provision of higher education and research in the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering based on Islamic values in order to drive society advancement.
The misions of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang are as follows:
- To organize higher education in Computer Science in the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering, and to internalize the value of Ulul Albab.
- To develop high quality researches in the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering which extend the frontiers of knowledge in Computer Science as well as to contribute on solving global issues based on Islamic values.
- To conduct transfer technology through the development and deployment of research products for society advancement.
The main objective of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang is to produce undergraduates in Computer Science and to create useful Information Technology that have characteristics as follows:
- Obedient to Islamic principles, state constitution, and professional law.
- Useful, effective and efficient.
- Convey the value of truth and endurance (patience).
Specific objectives of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang are as follows:
- To produce Computer Science scholars who are able to compete globally, having deep spirituality, strong Islamic faith, and good moral values (have good hard-skill and soft-skill).
- To produce reputable scientific works in Computer Science.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
By the declining day, Lo! man is a state of loss, Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.
Strategic Planning of Computer Science Department:
Strategic planning of Computer Science Department consist of the following stages :
- Stage I (2005-2010) Institutional establishment and academic reinforcement, aims to equip the department with all required facility such as computer infrastructure, standard operational procedure for academic and non-academic activities, and any other instrument to operate higher educations in computer science.
- Stage II and III (2011-2020) Regional recognition and reputation, consist of 5 years II (2011-2015) and 5 years III (2016-2020). These stages aims to produce various research outputs such as system or application prototypes, computing methods, data collection, research publications, intellectual property rights, and any other academic achievements that elevate the reputation of the department in regional scope (South-East Asia).
- Stage IV and V (2021-2030) International recognition and reputation, consist of 5 years IV (2021-2025) and 5 years V (2026-2030). These stages aims to produce various research outputs such as system or application prototypes, computing methods, data collection, research publications, intellectual property rights, and any other academic achievements that elevate the reputation of the department in international scope. At the end of Stage V (2030), Computer Science Department UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim shall become a world-class higher educations in computer science.
|Head of Department||Secretary of Department||Year|
|Dr. Suhartono||Ririen Kusumawati, M.Kom||2004 – 2009|
|Ririen Kusumawati, M.Kom||Fatchurrohman, M.Kom||2009 – 2013
|Dr. Cahyo Crysdian||A’la Syauqi, M.Kom
||2013 – 2017