Jurusan Teknik Informatika is committed to develop higher education based on follows:
Being a world class Computer Science Department in 2030 for the provision of higher education and research in the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering based on Islamic values in order to drive society advancement.
The misions of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang are as follows:
- To organize higher education in Computer Science for the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering, and to internalize the value of Ulul Albab.
- To develop high quality researches in the area of Intelligence and Software Engineering which extend the frontiers of knowledge in Computer Science as well as to contribute on solving global issues based on Islamic values.
- To conduct transfer technology through the development and deployment of research products for society advancement.
The main objective of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang is to produce human resources in Computer Science and to create useful Information Technology that have characteristics as follows:
- Obedient to Islamic principles, state constitution, and professional law.
- Useful, effective and efficient.
- Convey the value of truth and endurance (patience).
Specific objectives of Jurusan Teknik Informatika UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang are as follows:
- To produce Computer Science scholars who have good hardskill and softskill, i.e. that are able to compete globally, having deep spirituality, strong Islamic faith, and good moral values.
- To produce well reputed scientific works in Computer Science.